Sunday, March 19, 2017

My Host Mom

I expected a lot of things from my trip to Costa Rica.  I wanted to travel and learn about new cultures.  Although I have gotten both of those things, I have also gained something much more important from this trip.  I gained a Costa Rican family.  My Costa Rica mom made sure that we were always taken care of.  She always kept the food coming so we definitely weren't ever hungry.  She also walked us to the group meeting spot in the morning, making sure that we safely made it to our destination.  Although my host mom didn't speak English, she always went out of her way to try to make conversation with me.  I didn't always understand what she was saying, but it warmed my heart to know that although there is a language barrier, kindness is something that is universal.  I look forward to the rest of my trip in Costa Rica.

- Jessie Burdette

Hanging out after an intense (and victorious!) soccer match up

No comments:

Post a Comment