Thursday, March 16, 2017

Buenos dias de Costa Rica!

Last night was our first full night in Costa Rica, and all 20 of us are finally here.

After a long day of flying and dealing with customs/immigration, our students embarked on a two-hour ride to our destination in the mountains in the beautiful state of Cartago.  We had a delicious lunch and were able to learn more about the ministries offered by our leader, Carlos Cordero.  We learned their main mission is to empower local and national ministries to transform their country and fight socioeconomic problems through faith in God.

The students were then able to meet their Cot host families and went home with them to enjoy some dinner and a crash course in "cultural immersion."

As I am writing this, my own host family is preparing for me my favorite Costa Rican dish: gallo pinto.  Gallo pinto is the breakfast that is enjoyed virtually every day by Costa Ricans: rice, beans, peppers, onions, and a whole lot of love.

Today, we are going to meet the students at the school and take a tour of the community to learn about its rural economy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some breakfast to enjoy!

Stay tuned for some experiences from your students tonight!

- Rob McGrath

gallo pinto = delicious!

2 comments:

  1. hope that "finally" means stephen arrived lol. thanks to carlos for going back to pick him up. bonnie glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the photos and updates! I find myself checking the blog several times throughout the day just to see if there is anything new posted 😃 Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete