Thursday, March 16, 2017

Arriving in Costa Rica and a Day in Cot

The trip didn't start off as planned for me.  While packing, I realized that I had lost my passport.  After talking to Mrs. Brice, I had to forgo the plane with my class and drive down to Atlanta instead.  Luckily, I was able to get a replacement passport in Atlanta, and I was able to catch a plane that evening.  After arriving in Costa Rica, I had to go through customs alone and wait outside for Carlos to find me.  The trip didn't start off as planned, but I was just extremely happy to have made it.



I met with my host family that evening, and finally went to bed around midnight (2:00 am US time).  The following morning we began by visiting a local potato factory where we saw how chips are made and also tested some new kinds of carrot chips.  The host from the factory was very nice and gave everyone multiple bags of chips.  Leaving the factory, we visited with a local farmer who showed us his onion, potato, and carrot crops.  We all ate lunch together and then went to the school in Cot where we played kickball, basketball, and volleyball with the local kids.  Finally, after eating dinner with our host families, we played soccer.

- Stephen Glenn

tasting carrot chips at the potato farm/factory

playing kickball



2 comments:

  1. Your grandparents (and parents) are very glad you made it. You guys keep sharing, we love reading and seeing the pics. Speaking of which, Stephen try to get in a picture. Everyone take care, stay safe, and enjoy. - Bonnie Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete